If you are a talented full-stack developer with ambition to grow and tackle challenging projects, this will get you excited.
We guarantee that you’ll be challenged more than ever before. At AutoUncle we’re solving highly challenging problems in many areas. We don’t expect you to excel in all of them, but expect that you help push the boundaries of what’s possible within:
- Indexing and scaling data from millions of cars
- Creating appealing interfaces used by thousands of people every day on Web, Android and iOS
- Design beautiful user interfaces and carefully crafted user experiences
- Creating transparency and guide consumers to find the car of their dreams
- Build tools and deliver insights to car dealers that help them run their business better
- A/B testing and conversion optimisation through experiments
- Measure and improve user experience in 9 European countries
- Building fully automated billing systems that handles payments and campaigns across platforms
- Serving scalable APIs for our partners
- Implementing and refining our statistical algorithms to valuate used car prices with automatic market calibration
Our current stack runs on Ruby on Rails, Coffeescript, Bootstrap, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, Sidekiq, Mandrill, Dedicated servers + AWS.
We work using: Github, Slack, Trello, Honeybadger, Google Analytics, Semaphore (for automated testing) as well as a range of internally built monitoring and management systems.
When you arrive at the romantic HQ in Aarhus (Klostergade) you’ll be welcomed by an international bunch of excited comrades. The environment here is vibrant and friendly – AutoUncle is a small, talented team on a big mission. As you get started you’ll quickly appreciate that the company has a clear vision and that the time from idea to action is short. We move fast and experiment passionately to achieve measurable progress. You’ll get to learn people from different cultures, speak a lot of English and get a chance to visit our offices in Berlin and Romania (we have a few hackers here as well).
AutoUncle is a well-funded startup with traction in 9 countries. The service is used by tens of thousands of people daily and customers are being unboarded at a fast pace. Through four years we’ve built a strong codebase with advanced technology that you won’t find anywhere else. Autouncle’s platform is still expanding and we relentlessly attack new and ambitious challenges.
You’re a talented full-stack developer with +3 years of experience building products. We’re not picky about academic background and don’t require that you have advanced proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails. You should be a fast learner with an ability to self-ignite and work closely with other talents. If you happen to have strengths with project-management and leading other team members, that’s awesome!
We appreciate to see that you care about what you build and work with yourself to become even better.
See yourself more as back-end or front-end? That’s fine, we’re interested in hearing what you can bring to the team.
How to Apply
Send us an email and include a few paragraphs where you tell us a bit about yourself and what interests you about the position. Besides that we’re super curious to see what you’ve done before: code examples of work, interfaces you’ve built and perhaps responsibilities you have had in other projects. The more specific the better. If we sense there is a good match we’ll invite you to talk and perhaps visit our office in Aarhus.
We handle all interactions discretely and will make sure that your ambition to upgrade is not going to create conflict elsewhere. Email: [email protected]